Wednesday, November 5, 2008

NYAH'S CONVOCATION

23rd August 2008 (sat)-"Master of Science (Finance), Nor Akila Mohd Kassim" and unconciously I burst into tears. Well done Nyah, you did a good job. Today is Nyah's convocation, for the second time she received her certification from UIA. Earlier when I sent nyah together with mak and abah (as i have to send abah to the front door since abah and mak have to be seated at disable area, pity abah..he has to use tongkat to support him) to CAC, nyah whispered to me "Why I did not feel much excitement like I felt during my undergraduates time?"..I replied to nyah...maybe because you already had you degree..but you have to remember..at least you completed first your master degree even though i started it first. You got scholarship but I have to pay the fees myself. And she nodded

As for me I do believe that nyah already has her parts. I mean all her good deeds paid, simple example..she helped me and my hubby A LOT when i have to rush to UM. During my early years being a mum, she NEVER refused to take care of my little;e Nabihah when I have to be in UM, late up to 10pm. I NEVER paid her and she NEVER asked. But I indebted to her for the rest of my life.

Having a baby yet at the same time you have to juggle your time between work and classes is not EASY. As most of my friends, when they asked me is it easy to do TWO BIG TASKS simultaneously..without hesitate I will say directly..NO..ABSOLUTELY NO. And when people asked me how did you manage to cope between these two jobs.. I said.."...because of My HUSBAND'S BLESSING...and I have TWO SISTERS who never say NO when I need their help"..I mean particularly to take care my little baby who was only 7 months old that time...I can still remember clearly when every week i have to bring nyah together with me to Um so that she would take care of Nabihah when i have class from 6pm to 9pm. Every week without missing she would calmly look after Nabihah at Rumah Universiti UM. I do not mind paying RM120 (if not mistaken) per week as long as Nabihah will be near to me when I have class at UM, since Gombak and UM is quite far, and the traffic is really hectic. And my hubby waited for me at Faculty of education's musolla. Sometimes when nyah did not manage to accompany me..yam will do that.

For nyah..you got good result, you have GOOD JOB..you have good pay..you have GOOD life now because you are a GOOD daughter and GOOD sister to us. CONGRATULATIONS NYAH...WE PROUD OF YOU.

Before that just to share, Acu, Maksu and Ne came along the way from Perak to witness nyah' special day. I still remember what Acu said to me.."Acu mane pernah pi convo...ini le first time (in his pure Parit accent)" Acu treated all of us at SAkura Crystal a night before the convo. (thanks a lot Acu) and we spent our nite at Dynasty apartment (since Acu had booked 2 apartments..more than comfortable for all of us). After this...waiting in the list for convocation (insyaalah)Cik yang..me myself, mek and Lid (in sequence...according to plan)

Ok let us share some of nyah's memorable moment and for me, I take it as a BIG CHALLENGE to complete my master degree...insyaallah
Since it was heavy downpour outside, we only took studio picture From left Lid, Cikyang, Abng (cuddling Nabihah) and me Seated from left abah, nyah and mak


Big family-standing from left Nina and Aiman-both are our cousins (can see only his face), Lid, Maksu, Mek (cousin), Ne, Cikyang,me and abang (cuddling Nabihah..again).
Seated from left, abah, mak, nyah ,Acu (who always support us) and Azim (bored of standing too long)

A day after, nyah , mak and abah in front of IIUM mosque..abah and mak..your hard work is paid today. It goes the same to nyah




On returning robe day (nyah bought the robe as she wanted to use it for UITM convocation every year) Nabihah got 2 balloons...selepas puas abah memujuknya..anak abah le katakan

Post in front of CAC

Bouquet of white lily from mak and abah

A dozen of red roses from me, abang and Nabihah

Dazzling orange daisy from cikyang and lid

Half dozen of red roses from Acu, Maksu and family...and pink roses from Ne and Mek

No comments: